Red S.E. Cupp is the home of S.E. Cupp, co-author of "Why You're Wrong About the Right."

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

In memory of Michael Crichton...

"Jurassic Park" author Michael Crichton passed away today. A number of my friends told me today how instrumental he was in shaping their love of reading at a young age.

There's a line in that movie that reminds me of this election. The glossy and made-for-Hollywood prospect of electing Barack Obama -- the candidate of hope and change and historical importance -- had Americans "so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should." We'll know the answer to that question soon.


Preposteroso said...

It seems that the New York Times already knows the answer: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/06/us/politics/06expect.html

See http://thethoughtsoffrit.blogspot.com/
for comment.

Gasgwar said...

I was sorry to hear it. I have read many of his books over the years. Eaters of the Dead is my favorite.

I never got around to reading the one from a few years ago, where he is reportedly critical of global warming. The name of it escapes me and I'm too lazy to google it right now!